Description of what the blog is

Welcome fans of YA fiction. Let's read and discuss some books!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Discussion Post: The Grimm Legacy

Here's is where you can spill all your thinky thoughts about Polly Shulman's The Grimm Legacy.

Here are some questions to inspire you:
  • Who was your favorite character?
  • Who did you predict was the theif of the Grimm Collection?  Were you correct?
  • If you could borrow from the Grimm Collection, what would you take?  What would you leave as a deposit?
You don't need to limit yourself to these questions, though!  Write whatever you'd like to share about the book.  Did you like it?  Did you hate it?  How could it be better?

For those readers who have not yet read the book, below there will be spoilers.  So, beware!

1 comment:

  1. Since I feel like not many people have been able to read the book yet, I'm going to keep my spoilery comments to a minimum.

    Overall, I really enjoyed The Grimm Legacy. As a person working in a library, it's pretty obvious I'm going to be interested in a book about working in a library full of MAGICAL objects.

    I also thought Elizabeth was a good, if not somewhat naive protagonist. There were certainly times throughout the book that I was thinking to her, "You may not want to trust this person, just yet," or "If you just tell someone in charge, they will probably be able to help you."

    But I feel like a certain amount of Elizabeth's particular brand of naivete is necessary in the heroine of what is essentially a fairy tale. It keeps things moving, and it definitely helps us identify with her.

    If I could take one object from the Grimm Collection, I think it would have to be the Seven League boots, using them I could walk all over the country to see my friends who have moved way far away, and not have to deal with ridiculous airfare and pesky layovers. I think I would keep my sense of direction, though. :P I could probably stand to loose my fashion sense for a few weeks, or my sense of smell, maybe?

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete